Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where are they now? 'Dazed' edition

The new Criterion Collection of "Dazed and Confused" was released last week. I love this movie, and it added Rick Linklater to my fav director's list.

Every time I watch, I have to try and identify Austin landmarks, and I love Matthew McConaughey's pre-transplant hair , a young Mila Jovovich and Adam Goldberg, pre-fame Ben Affleck, and Parker Posey in one of her earliest roles.

One of Wooderson's quotes ("The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. ") actually lives on, as McConaughey signs autographs with "JK Living" and named his production company JKL Productions.

So where are some of the less-known actors now?

* Wiley Wiggins (Mitch), works for Apple and makes videos on the side. <fader.com interview>

* Jason London (Pink), has been doing some TV and what looks like straight-to-video movies. "All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life - remind me to kill myself."

* Rory Cochrane (Slater), will be in "A Scanner Darkly" (opening July 7) and was on a bunch of "CSI" episodes a couple of years ago. "George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man." "Did ya ever look at a dollar bill, man? There's some spooky shit goin' on there. And it's green too. "

* The very underrated Adam Goldberg (geeky Mike Newhouse) just did some TV guest stints on "Joey" and "My Name is Earl," and he's going to be on the big-screen in "Zodiac" with Jake Gyllenhaal. "Dominant male monkey motherfucker."

* Joey Lauren Adams (Simone), whom I hate because of her squeaky voice, is in "The Breakup" with Vaughniston. "I did it when I was a freshman, and you'll do it when you're seniors. but you're doing great. Now fry like bacon, you little freshman piggies. Fry! "

* And Mila (Michelle) is doing that "Resident Evil" thing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home